Mercer Protocol Forms and Applications
- NOTICE -
Our forms have been revised to accommodate recent updates in our internal database.
After June 30, 2017 the Mercer University Office of Research Compliance will no longer accept previous versions of protocol forms and applications available on this website.
If the version (ver.) or revision (rev.) date on your protocol application is earlier than September 2016, your application will be rejected.
When downloading and completing the Mercer Protocol Forms and Applications:
- Use the navigation menu to browse the forms and applications available for download
PLEASE NOTE: If you are viewing this page using a phone or tablet, access the dropdown menu by tapping the down arrow in the upper right hand corner of your screen
- Download the documents appropriate to your type of research
- TYPE the information as instructed by the text prompts that are displayed in the input fields; the text prompts will disappear once you start typing (IRB Forms) - The IRB will reject applications that are not typed.
- Ensure all necessary information is entered and no fields are missed by using the tab key to navigate the document and select the next fillable field (IRB Forms)
- Remember that all correspondence regarding your protocol will be sent to the email address entered for the Principal Investigator
- Always include the assigned H#, the faculty advisor’s last name and the last name of the Principal Investigator (or as much of this information as applicable) when electronically submitting forms and applications or sending any email regarding a submitted protocol.
The fillable text fields and dropdown menus available in the Windows forms require access to Microsoft Word 2010 or higher (these forms can also be completed using a Microsoft OneDrive account). If you do not have access to this software, Mac-friendly versions are available upon request.
The Office of Research Compliance formally accepts protocol applications once they are determined to be complete.
The Mercer University IRB and IACUC will NOT review a protocol application until ALL persons conducting research involving human or animal subjects have completed the necessary CITI training requirements.
See submission information for IRB Forms and IACUC Forms below.
Mercer University IRB forms for research involving human subjects are available for Minimal Risk Review Research, Greater than Minimal Risk Review Research (Clinical Trials), and Joint Protocol Research.
Please locate, download, and complete ALL forms appropriate for the nature of your research.
Any non-Mercer affiliated investigators (faculty or students) seeking to conduct research involving Mercer University students, faculty, or staff MUST have a Mercer Faculty Member serving as the Faculty Sponsor of the project.
Mercer FWA Number – FWA 00000133
Mercer IRB Registration Number – IRB 00000910
DO NOT SEND APPLICATIONS TO MERCER LIVE OR CANVAS
Electronically Submit Mercer IRB Forms to: ORC_Research@Mercer.edu (Attention: Ava Chambliss-Richardson)
Submit Signed Originals through Campus Mail to:
Attention: Ava Chambliss-Richardson
Associate Director of Human Research Protection Programs
Office of Research Compliance
1501 Mercer University Drive
Macon, GA 31207
Or Fax Applications to: 1-478-301-2329
Before submitting an IACUC Protocol Application, please review the Protocol Submission Process for information about IACUC review requirements.
Please be advised that any investigator, with an animal protocol, can have their protocol previewed by an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) member or a Veterinarian. If you wish to have a preview of your protocol, please contact Dr. Roger Broderson, the IACUC Chair at Broderson_JR@Mercer.edu or by phone at (478) 301-4101.
Effective October 1, 2015, animal studies funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) will be included in Mercer University's noncompliance report to OLAW.
Mercer Animal Assurance Number – A3725-01
SEND COMPLETED IACUC FORMS TO: Attention – Ms. Ajuania White ORC_Research@Mercer.edu